Father’s Day is coming up and I am always stressing on what to get my own dad and husband. These guys have EVERYTHING. If they want something, they buy it themselves. It really does make the whole gift giving situation a rather boring one. I can only give so many growler fills, gift cards and gift certificates. And I think they have enough coffee cups with hand prints, foot prints and adorable drawings.
Here is my list of items that I have either purchased in the past for the amazing men in my life or intend to buy this Father’s Day. I usually take them out to Toronado for lunch as well, so come meet us there if you so desire!
10 FATHER’S DAY GIFTS FOR THE CRAFT BEER DAD
1. Growler Tap The Growler Tap is such a cool device that allows for growlers to be turned into your own make shift keg. Tap and enjoy your brew. San Diego Brewing Company will be selling these at the restaurant. $50 includes the tap and an empty growler from SDBC. Fill it up with their Stout, San Diego IPA, Old Town Nut Brown or Infinitude Double IPA.
2. Craft Beerd If you need an extra cool shirt/hat, beer art, glassware or coasters, Craft Beerd is the place to get it. All of their stuff is super unique, perfect for the baseball season and unlike any of the shirts you will find in a typical brewery. Comfortable fit, great selection of colors and so many choices to fit every craft beer personality
3.Heart and Trotter Class-For the foodie and get-blood-on-your-hands-guy. The Heart & Trotter offers Pork 101 and Lamb 101, as well as Sausage 101. The student, aka Dad, will learn knife skills, butchering and in the sausage class, prep and casing. Classes get to bring home some of their hard work as well. I am hoping my hubby doesn’t read this post because this is TOTALLY what we are getting him!!
4. Beer Dinners-O’Brien’s is my go-to for awesome beer dinners. Next one (June 14) will feature Ritual Brewing. Lagunitas pairing will be in July and Societe will be in August. Sign up for their newsletter to find out dates and more info. Green Flash is also a FANTASTIC place to take the hubby for an incredible beer dinner experience. The next dinner is on June 29th and tickets will go fast. Sign up for their newsletter for more info.
5. Better Beer Kit– For the home-brewer that may not have tons of time or a lot of experience. Better Beer Kits are made fresh to order. What is super cool is that these ingredients are ordered in small batches and kept in small air tight storage units until they are ordered by us. The kits range from Chico Pale, Black IPA, Belgian Wit or a Wheat IPA. Kind of neat concept for the new home-brewer!
6.Growler Holder– Growler On Board Beer Transport Unit is a perfect little carseat for your growlers! Fits three 1/2 gallon growlers and doubles up as a convenient vessel to hold your growlers for drying after bathing the beauties. My dad has one of these and LOVES it!
7. Sausage and Cheese Gift Basket from Nueskes-Guys like food (and gosh darn it, so do girls!!), but guys really like sausage-y type of food….and bacon kind of food. We received a crate of sausage, bacon and cheese from Nueskes and were so impressed with the quality. Bacon was thick, super smokey and the sausages were very full flavored. Honey Mustard was so spicy and I am obsessed with the Brats. Great for the upcoming football season.
8. Beer Books– San Diego’s Top Brewers and Brew Food: Great Beer-Inspired Appetizers, Main Courses, and Desserts are super awesome gifts for the Dad who may like cooking, but also enjoys reading about San Diego Breweries. While these are a few years old, the recipes are still our house favorites. San Diego Craft Beer Mamas Neva Parker from White Labs and Ingrid Alvarez Cherney from High Dive are featured in the book, as well as many other notable places to visit. In Brew Food, there is a section for how to put on beer and food pairings at home and pairing cheese with beer. Lots of great ideas for the beer lover!
9. Tickets to the International Beer Festival– The International Beer Fest is a win-win for all. We go as a family, kids included, with another couple or some family members. While one group is enjoying the unlimited tasters from all over the world, the other group is taking the kids to the Del Mar Fair, riding the fun rides and stuffing faces with deep fried EVERYTHING. After an hour or so, we switch. The IBF happens to land on Father’s Day so what a better way to spend the day!
10. San Diego Brewers Guild Membership to the Craft Coalition– The Craft Coalition Membership is such a GREAT membership for craft beer die-hard fans! This is perfect for the guy who like to go to festivals and visit breweries. With the membership, the craft beer dad will get discounts on the Guild Fest and beer events, a tasting note passport, a koozie, a discount on “Exploring Craft Beer” course in the Business of Craft Beer Certificate Program and an opportunity to tour a working certified organic hop farm (open dates April-August). So many benefits, so little time!
And so there you have my ULTIMATE beer gift giving list for the beer dad in your life. Not all dad’s like the ties and shaving treatments—certainly not the men in my life! Guys are always so difficult to buy for so hopefully this give you some ideas to celebrate the dads. Happy Father’s Day to my hubby and my own amazing father!